Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2022 11:00 AM
Lambton Public Health (LPH) has identified the Pinery Provincial Park and a 20km surrounding area - including Port Franks - as a high-risk area for Lyme disease due to the increased blacklegged tick population and the number of ticks positive for the bacteria that causes Lyme disease.
LPH has been using active surveillance techniques to identify the high-risk areas. Public Health Ontario's Lyme disease page has a map of Ontario's Lyme disease estimated risk areas for 2022, which shows areas in Ontario...
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2022 11:51 AM
Lambton Shores Council met on April 5 and April 26 for regularly scheduled council meetings.
- Council heard delegations from four individuals opposing the Short Term Rental (STR) Licensing Program
- An agreement to import and stockpile fill was approved for South Bend Development
- Council turned down a Site Plan for 20 Main Street, Grand Bend
- Council considered the draft STR by-law and licensing program and instructed staff to amend the proposed capacity limits from 8 to 10 adults...
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2022 09:10 AM
Lambton Shores Council passed By-Law 29-2022, which requires all short-term rental accommodations in Lambton Shores to be registered with the Municipality moving forward.
To continue operating, short-term rental operators must submit a registration application by June 1, 2022. There is no cost associated with this year’s short-term rental registration and applications can be submitted entirely online.
“With the rapidly increasing supply of short-term rentals in our communities, there have been increased...
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2022 03:51 PM
Lambton Shores Council met on March 15, 2022 for a regularly scheduled council meeting.
- Council received a presentation from Lambton Area Water Supply System (LAWSS) requesting support for a joint funding application for LAWSS capital project; staff is to report back to Council on the request
- Council supported a resolution to dissolve the Ontario Land Tribunal
- Council received a report about the Redevelopment of Municipal Drive/Lions Park and asked staff to begin planning for the future...
Posted on Monday, February 28, 2022 02:08 PM
Council met on February 1, 10 and 22. All three meetings were live streamed on the Lambton Shores website.
- Council approved a site plan agreement with Widder Station Golf & Country Club
- Information reports regarding the 2022 Municipal Election were received
- Council declared municipal property to be surplus to the needs of the municipality; notice of the disposition is posted on the municipal website
- The 2022 Operating and Capital Budgets were approved; in 2022 there will...